By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information) on AskPhysicalTherapist’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Ask Physical Therapist’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by AskPhysicalTherapist.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The AskPhysicalTherapist.com is a Question & Answer website dedicated to providing physical therapy related questions and answers, with the modest goal of making the Internet a better place to share therapy related information. It is owned and operated by AskPhysicalTherapist.com and AskPhysicalTherapist LLC.
The use of the AskPhysicalTherapist’ Site and the Content is at your own risk. We do not in any way endorse or recommend any individual listed or accessible through the content of our website.
[“Content” means content, text, data, graphics, images, photographs, video, audio, information, suggestions, guidance, and other materials provided, made available or otherwise found through the Services and/or Site, including without limitation Content provided in direct response to your questions or postings.]
You acknowledge that although some Content may be provided by individuals in the medical profession, the provision of such Content does not create a medical professional/patient relationship, and does not constitute an opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment, but is provided to assist you with locating appropriate medical care from a doctor, physical therapist or other healthcare specialist, professional or provider (collectively, “Healthcare Provider”).
We are not responsible for quality and accuracy of the information provided on this site. We make no claims, guarantees, warranties, or representations, whether expressed or implied, with respect to professional qualifications, expertise, work experience, and quality of work.
Please do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining professional medical advice because of something you may have read on this site. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL AND 911.
Nothing stated or posted on this site or available through any services is intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of physical therapy or other professional healthcare advice.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, Healthcare Providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear through the Services. If you rely on any Content provided through the Services, you do so solely at your own risk.
NO Physical Therapist – Patient relationship
NO LICENSED PHYSICAL THERAPIST/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY USING THE CONTENT, WHETHER SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THROUGH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM ASKPHYSICALTHERAPIST.COM, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE “FIND A PT” FEATURE, QUESTION- ANSWERS”, BLOG, OFFICIAL ASK PHYSICAL THERAPIST EMAILS OR TEXT MESSAGES LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IN ANY FIELD.
We have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of any Healthcare Provider at any particular time.
YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.
We take the private nature of your personal information very seriously, and are committed to protecting it. To do that, we’ve set up procedures to ensure that your information is handled responsibly and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We’re grateful for your trust, and we’ll act that way.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
As part of the registration process, you will provide an e-mail address, name, username and create a password. These are your credentials for accessing the Services that are only available to members (“Credentials”). You should keep your Credentials private and not share your Credentials with anyone else. You must immediately notify us if your password has been stolen or compromised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
The materials on AskPhysicalTherapist’s web site are provided “as is”. Ask Physical Therapist makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Ask Physical Therapist does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the information on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall AskPhysicalTherapist be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on AskPhysicalTherapist’s Internet site, even if AskPhysicalTherapist or a AskPhysicalTherapist authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on AskPhysicalTherapist’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. AskPhysicalTherapist does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. AskPhysicalTherapist may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. AskPhysicalTherapist does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
AskPhysicalTherapist has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AskPhysicalTherapist of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to AskPhysicalTherapist’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Rules for Posting Questions, Answers and Comments in this website
The Question-Answer pages that are being moderated by physical therapists and other healthcare professionals, answers will be posted in the forum and will appear indented beneath the original question, usually within 1 to 10 business days.
AskPhysicalTherapist’s Public Areas, which includes all areas of the Site where users may post content, are for the exchange of information and support ONLY. In consideration of being allowed to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use:
- Posting questions or comments by persons under 18 years of age without the consent of their parents.
- Posting your full name(s), or any other confidential or personally identifiable information on the AskPhysicalTherapist website.*
- Posting names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or any other confidential or personally identifiable information of yourself or any person(s) or entities.*
- Using a Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by AskPhysicalTherapist in its sole discretion.
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Posting chain letters, spam or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonating another person or entity.
- Registering under more than one name and/or e-mail address.
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Posting the same note more than once or “spamming”.
*If you disregard this warning and post personal or confidential information (yours or others) on the AskPhysicalTherapist’s Site, which you later want removed, You must submit your removal request in writing , including the URL(s) you want removed. Also you must include your User ID and request email to:
Once the complete URL removal request is received in writing, AskPhysicalTherapist will make every effort to remove the posting in a timely manner.